Horizon Europe course offerings
We have courses for you whether you are a beginner or already have extensive experience with EU projects.
Who is this for?
These courses are suitable for those who work as researcher, EU advisor at a university or university college, work in business or the public sector and want to gain more knowledge about the opportunities in Horizon Europe.
There are three levels of difficulty. In order for everyone to get the most out of the courses, it is important that you stick to your level, and not just pick the first one that comes in the calendar.
Level 1: Beginner. For those who are applying for EU projects for the first time, or if it has been a long time since you have participated in an EU project.
Level 2: Intermediate cource. For those who have previous experience of EU projects, but want to know more. For example, if you have participated as a partner in a project in the past, but will now have a larger role, such as leader of a work package or coordinator.
Level 3: Advanced. Our most advanced courses. For you who are already a coordinator or project manager, or you who will support others in your organisation. In order to benefit from the courses at this level, it is important that you have taken the level 2 courses previously, or have equivalent competence.
Why should you take part?
- In-depth training in all phases of Horizon Europe from coming up with project ideas to post-project reporting.
- We offer courses from Europa Media and Sintef that have first-hand knowledge of developing and leading successful projects within Horizon Europe. In addition to this, the staff at The Research Council organize some courses available to external participants.
- The courses are free and open to everyone, but registration is binding. We charge a fee of NOK 1,000 for registered participants who do not show up or who unsubscribe after the registration deadline has expired.
- Some of the courses are held digitally, while other courses have physical attendance. Most courses are in English. For webinars, a link to login and to the course material will be sent to registered participants a few days before the course starts.
- Course dates are posted twice a year (autumn and winter).
All courses in this series are for beginners. They are also suitable for those who already have some experience but want an update on what is new in Horizon Europe. In this series of courses, you will learn the basics of Horizon Europe, what kind of funding schemes you can apply for and how to find partners.
- A.1 Introduction to Horizon Europe (1,5-hour long webinar).
- A.2 Introduction to Horizon Europe Partnerships (1,5-hour long webinar).
- A.3 Looking for partners and joining consortia (1,5-hour long webinar).
How to write good applications for Horizon Europe? What should you consider when building a consortium? In this series of courses, you work on preparing the project proposal.
- B.1 EU R&I Proposal Writing: the first steps (1 day) – Level 1 (cource for beginners).
- Horizon Europe - Project Development 1 (1 day) (cource for beginners).
- B.2 Horizon Europe Proposal Writing Focus: Impact (2 days) – Level 2 (intermediate cource).
- How to Develop a Successful Horizon Europe Proposal (1 day) (intermediate cource).
- B.3 Dissemination, Exploitation, Innovation in Horizon Europe – Level 3 (advanced course).
- C.1 Research and Innovation Project Management: the first steps (1-day) – Level 1 (cource for beginners).
- C.2 Grant Agreement preparation and the Consortium Agreement in Horizon Europe (1-day) – Level 2 (intermediate cource).
- C.3 Master of Project Management and Reporting in HE and H2020 (2-day) – Level 2/3 (intermediate to advanced cource).
- D.1 Basic Finance and Budgeting in Horizon Europe (1 day) – Level 1 (cource for beginners, linked with B1 and C1).
- D.2 Financial rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe (2 days) – Level 2 (intermediate cource).
- D.3 H2020 and Horizon Europe Financial Audits (1 day) – Level 2/3 (intermediate to advanced cource).
- E.1 Horizon Europe Finances as Consultancy (1-3-days) – Level 3 advanced course. Offered only as a tailored course for specific organizations (Face to Face only).
- E.2 Innovation and Exploitation – the business-oriented approach (1- day workshop) Offered only as a tailored course for specific organizations (Face to Face).
- E.3 Grant week (3- day course) Offered as a tour in major Norwegian cities B1+C1+D1 course combination (Face to Face).
The NCPs (National Contact Points) for ERC (European Research Council (ERC) and MSCA (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions) in The Research council of Norway organize events and webinars aimed at the various annual calls in ERC and MSCA.
European Research Council – ERC
- Introduction to ERC (30-minute webinar, recording and presentations are available).
- ERC proposal writing course in collaboration with some universities (4-5 hours, not recorded).
- ERC Proposal Reading Day (3 hours physical meeting with silent reading of funded Norwegian ERC proposals).
- Thematic webinars (Ethics, ERC Proof of Concept, ERC Synergy grant) (1,5 – 2 hours, recording and presentations are available).
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – MSCA
- MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships (1,5-hour webinar, recording and presentations are available).
- MSCA Doctoral Networks (1,5-hour webinar, recording and presentations are available).
- MSCA COFUND (1,5-hour webinar, recording and presentations are available).
- MSCA Staff Exchanges (1,5-hour webinar, recording and presentations are available).
The webinars targeting the annual calls are organized shortly after the opening of the call, typically 4-5 months before the deadline.
Find current course offerings on Horizon Europe
Do you need more information?
We can provide guidance and tailor-made courses if needed. Please contact Special Adviser Inger Nordgard for more information.
National Contact Points (NCPs)
You may also get in touch with the National Contact Points for questions related to specific areas of Horizon Europe.
Messages at time of print 1 June 2023, 11:38 CEST
IT glitch SkatteFUNN
Have you received an email stating that your project for SkatteFUNN has been withdrawn? This is due to an IT glitch. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to correct the error.