Support for Membership of the European Open Science Cloud Association
Published 05 Oct 2021
The objective is to cover the membership fee for approved research organisations and publicly funded administrators of research infrastructure who collaborate closely with Norwegian research organisations that can document membership of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC AISBL) Association.
01 Jun 2027
Latest permitted project start
31 Dec 2027
Latest permitted project completion
About the call for proposals
Through the National Financing Initiative for Research Infrastructure (INFRASTRUKTUR), the Research Council will compensate research organisations and publicly funded administrators of research infrastructure who collaborate closely with Norwegian research organisations that are members of the EOSC AISBL. The compensation will cover membership fees of up to NOK 120,000 (up to EUR 10,000) per year for up to seven years.
The Norwegian-language call for proposals is the legally binding version.
Who is eligible to apply?
Approved Norwegian research organisations and publicly funded administrators of research infrastructure who collaborate closely with Norwegian research organisations may apply.
See the list of approved Norwegian research organisations.
Who can participate in the project?
Requirements relating to the Project Owner
The research organisation or publicly funded administrator of research infrastructure who collaborates closely with Norwegian research organisations that is defined as the Project Owner in the application form must have formally approved the submission of the application.
What can you seek funding for?
Scope of funding
The Research Council can provide up to NOK 120,000 in funding per year for up to seven years.
Conditions for funding
The Research Council will not award support that constitutes state aid under this call. This means that the Research Council funding is only to go to the non-economic activity of the research organisations. We require a clear separation of accounts for the organisation’s economic and non-economic activities.
The Research Council’s requirements relating to allocations are set out in the General Terms and Conditions for R&D Projects, available on the information page What the contract involves.
Calculation of funding
You can apply for up to NOK 120,000 per year for up to seven years for membership fees paid to EOSC AISBL. If the exchange rate changes, the amount of funding disbursed in Norwegian kroner will be adjusted to correspond with the membership fee paid in Euros.
Conditions for funding
The application must document membership of EOSC AISBL, meet the general requirements set out in the call and include all mandatory attachments.
Reports and disbursement of funding
We will disburse the funding in arrears on the basis of invoices from EOSC AISBL. No additional reporting is expected.
Relevant thematic areas for this call
Requirements for this application type
- The applicant/Project Owner must come from an eligible category of institution.
- The application must lie within the scope/satisfy the objectives of this call.
- The funding amount sought and the expenses to be covered must be in keeping with the framework of the call.
- The budget must be formulated correctly so that it clearly indicates what the funding will cover.
- The application form must be completed in full.
- The required attachments must be included using the dedicated templates.
- The application and all attachments must be written in English.
- All attachments must be uploaded in PDF format.
- A copy of the membership invoice from EOSC AISBL.
- Confirmation that the submitted application has been formally approved at management level, from a research organisation or publicly funded administrator of research infrastructure who collaborates closely with Norwegian research organisations.
- The application submitted to the EOSC AISBL.
Applications that do not meet the requirements listed above will be rejected.
We will not assess documents and websites linked to in the application, or other attachments than those specified above.
The application will be assessed by the Research Council's administration. The decision on whether the application for funding is approved will be made on the basis of compliance with the general requirements and the submitted mandatory attachments.
Applications for Support for Membership of the European Open Science Cloud Association should be created on My RCN Web. Application templates should be filled and uploaded in the application.Create application