The Research Council is tasked with promoting high-calibre research of benefit to society at large. Targeted strategies and policies are important tools for meeting this objective.
The world faces enormous challenges where research and innovation must and will deliver the knowledge and solutions we need. The Research Council's strategy for 2020-2024 aims in particular at restructuring society, sustainable development and groundbreaking research.
Supplementary strategies and policy documents
In addition, the Research Council has drawn up strategies and policy documents relating to its national and international research activities. These provide a more in-depth specification of the Research Council’s ambitions in key priority areas. The main strategy links together the Research Council’s supplementary strategies and policy documents.
- Gender equality and gender perspectives in research (pdf)
- Research Strategy for the Arctic and Northern Areas (pdf in Norwegian)
- Tools for Research: National strategy for research infrastructure (pdf in Norwegian)
- Strategy for innovation in the public sector (pdf in Norwegian)
- Research for Sustainable Societal and Industrial Development. Link to pdf
- Strategy for the Research Council of Norway for an innovative business sector (pdf in Norwegian)
- Policy for integrated health research in the Research Council (pdf in Norwegian)
- Recruitment to research (pdf in Norwegian)
- Policy for basic research (pdf in Norwegian)
- Strategy for the research institute sector (pdf in Norwegian)
- Policy for R&D at university colleges (pdf in Norwegian)
- National environmental R&D strategy, Miljø21 (pdf in Norwegian)
- Norwegian polar research (pdf)
- The Research Council of Norway's Policy for Open Science (pdf)
- The Research Council of Norway’s Policy for Open Access to Research Data (pdf)