Letters of Allocation
The Letter of Allocation from the Ministry of Education and Research sets the amount of funding allocated to the Research Council, which is decided each year in the Storting’s budget deliberations. The Letter of Allocation is a steering document from the Norwegian Government.
In addition to establishing the budgetary framework, the Letter of Allocation sets performance targets for the Research Council’s activities, as well as our reporting requirements vis-à-vis the ministries.
The Research Council of Norway is an administrative agency under the Ministry of Education and Research, but other ministries also allocate funding for research via the Research Council through separate letters of allocation.
Letters of Allocation for 2019 with supplements are available below (in Norwegian):
- Ministry of Education.pdf
- Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education (Diku).pdf
- Ministry of Finance.pdf
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries.pdf
- Ministry of Culture.pdf
- Ministry of Transportation and Communications.pdf
- Ministry of Agriculture and Food.pdf
- Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.pdf
- Ministry of Justice and Public Security.pdf
- Ministry of Climate and Environment.pdf
- Ministry of Defence.pdf
- Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation (Supplement to Letter of Allocation on new initiative within planning research under the DEMOS programme.pdf