There are several different types of grants available under the Researcher Project application type.
THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. PLEASE SEE THE NORWEGIAN VERSION FOR ACCURATE INFORMATION.
When applying for Researcher Project funding, you may choose among the following three options:
- Researcher Project
- Young Research Talents
- International Mobility Grants
We recommend that you choose the option that suits you best (see descriptions below and the individual calls for more information).
If you have recently defended, or will soon defend, your doctoral dissertation, the International Mobility Grant is likely your best option. This is also the application type to use if you want to experience working with a research group abroad.
Researchers with a Mobility Grant spend two years at a research organisation abroad, and a third year at a Norwegian research organisation.
About International Mobility Grants
- You may apply up to seven years after the date of defence of an approved doctorate.
- You may apply before you submit your thesis.
- You may apply to deduct a maximum of seven years from the requirement related to experience for statutory leaves of absence.
- You may not have lived or worked in the country of the host institution abroad for more than 12 months in the past three years.
If your application will be including funding for more people than just the project manager, you must use the Researcher Project or Young Research Talents application type, not the International Mobility Grant.
If you have the option of choosing between Young Research Talents and a Researcher Project this indicates that you are at an early stage in your career. In this case, we recommend that you consider applying for a Young Research Talents project.
About Young Research Talents
- You may apply from two to seven years after the date of defence of an approved doctorate.
- You may apply to deduct time from the requirements related to experience and age for statutory leaves of absence.
- You must be younger than 40 years old.
- You must dedicate at least 25 per cent of a full-time position to the project.
- The duration of the project period must be 3–4 years.
About Researcher Projects
- You must hold an approved doctorate or have obtained qualifications at associate professorship level.
- The duration of the project period must be 3–6 years.