Can the public sector receive Research Council funding?

Public sector bodies that need research in connection with innovation activities to develop services, infrastructure and management practices can apply for Research Council funding. We support activities where the public sector collaborates with researchers.

See the definition of Public sector body

The Research Council has drawn up an ambitious strategy for innovation in the public sector. To expand innovation capacity, the Norwegian public sector needs to establish closer ties with the research community.

Ikon av en stabel dokumenter

Seven tips for filling in your grant application

Completing a grant application to the Research Council is time-consuming and there are many potential stumbling blocks. Here are some tips for how to fill in and submit your application successfully, well in advance of the deadline.

See our seven tips

We have the funding, expertise, networks and tools you need to get started. Follow the link for more information.

Upcoming events for the public sector

Relevant news