Research Council activities relating to new materials/nanotechnology
New technology requires specially adapted materials and systems. The Research Council provides funding for research and innovation activities involving nanotechnology, microtechnology and advanced materials. Thematic priority areas are renewable energy, reduced negative effects on the environment and climate, improving health and promoting new medical technology, utilisation of natural resources, and impacts of nanomaterials on health and ecosystems.
The Project Databank provides statistics and information about the projects funded by the Research Council within this thematic area.
Key programmes for this thematic area
Activities under the Research Council’s programmes extend across multiple thematic areas. The programmes listed here are the largest contributors of funding for this thematic area.
Provides funding for research and innovation activities based on nanotechnology, microtechnology and advanced materials for applications within prioritised focus areas in society.
Infrastructure that facilitates high-quality research.
- electronic infrastructure (e-infrastructure)
- scientific databases
- scientific collections
- scientific equipment
- large-scale research facilities, laboratories
- scientific quality at the forefront of international research
- boldness in scientific thinking and innovation
- careers for young research talents
The ENERGIX programme seeks to facilitate the transition to a low-emission society and promote a competitive Norwegian business sector.
- achieve sustainable utilisation and efficient consumption of Norway’s renewable energy resources
- reduce Norwegian and global emissions of greenhouse gases
- enhance Norway’s security of supply
- strengthen innovation in Norwegian trade and industry and the public sector
- further develop Norwegian research and educational institutions
- high potential for value creation for companies and society
- companies willing and motivated to conduct research-based innovation activities
- companies with an international perspective
- companies that dare to take risks
Supports upstream oil and gas activities and has five thematic priority areas:
- greenhouse gas reduction, energy efficiency and the environment
- exploration and increased recovery
- drilling, completions and intervention
- production, processing and transport
- major accidents and the work environment