Sustainable Pathways – Norway-India collaboration in research, education and innovation
- Target group:
Research environment, higher education and business – as well as civil society, civil service and politicians.
- Registration deadline:
June 9 kl 23.58
About the event
This spring, India passed China as the world's most populous country. At the same time, the country is one of the world's fastest growing economies.
What characterizes the research collaboration between Norway and India? And how can we create good cooperation between our countries - especially in the face of a geopolitical landscape that is constantly changing?
On the 12th of June, the Research Council of Norway and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are inviting you to a conference where we attempt to provide some answers to these questions.
The purpose of the conference is to highlight efforts for Norwegian-Indian cooperation in research, education and innovation, as well as to place this cooperation in a larger geopolitical context. Introductions will be given by Minister of Research and Higher Education, Ola Borten Moe, Minister of Foreign Affairs Anniken Huitfeldt and Executive Director of the Research Council of Norway, Mari Sundli Tveit.
Throughout the day, you will also get glimpses of the collaboration between India and Norway, both inside and outside research. Those who wish to show examples of their research collaboration with India are encouraged to register for the poster session.
Registration and poster session
Welcome and Introduction
Mari Sundli Tveit, Research Council of Norway
Minister - Department of Research and Higher education, Ola Borten Moe
Minister - Department of Foreign Affairs, Anniken Huitfeldt
Minister of Earth Sciences, Government of India, Kiren Rijiju
- Mari Sundli Tveit, Research Council of Norway
- Ola Borten Moe, Ministry of Research and Higher Education
- Ambassador to India Hans Jacob Frydenlund, Ministry of foreign affairs
- Gro Tjore, The Directorat for Higher Education and skills
- Anne Lycke, Association of Norwegian Research institutes
- Ole Henæs, Innovation Norway
- Margareth Hagen, Universities Norway
Cultural Act - Quickstyle
Keynote - Inspiration and frustration: social policies in India
Kalle Moene, University of Oslo
Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI)
Ashfaq Ahmed Bhat, Centre for Urban and Regional Excellence (CURE)
The United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development
Kjersti Turid Fjalestad, Research Council of Norway
Introduction to Indo-Norwegian collaboration in research, education and innovation
Introduction to Project Presentations
Project Relay Race
- Palash Kumar Saha, SINTEF
- Siri Granum Carson, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Lasse Johannessen, The Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center
- Kenichi Matsuoka, The Norwegian Polar Institute
- Rafi Ahmad, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (INN University)
- Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Sanket Puranik, Smart Innovation Norway
Roundtable Discussion - Experiences and way forward
Presenters from relay race and NIPI
Keynote – Indo-Norwegian collaboration in an age of global transitions
Ulf Sverdrup, the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
Falk Eidsvold Tøien
Messages at time of print 2 March 2024, 03:38 CET
For the application deadline 6 March, we manage our hotline +47 22 03 72 00 from Thursday 29 February till Tuesday 5 March at CET 08.00–15.45 and Wednesday 6 March at CET 08.00-13.00.