Rules for participating in the Young Researchers competition.
- The competition is open to youth between the ages of 13 and 19, i.e. you must have turned 13 by the submission deadline and not have turned 20 before the date of the Norwegian finals. In 2022 the Norwegian finals are scheduled to take place on 22 April.
- You must not have completed a full year of higher education prior to the Norwegian finals.
- The age requirements have been set on the basis of rules for participation in international competitions.
- You may participate alone or in a group of two or three individuals.
- There are no restrictions relating to the choice of topic or subject area.
- Your project will be assessed in one of the following three categories: science and technology, the humanities (including social sciences) or the category “lower secondary school”.
- Your project submission may be written in Norwegian or English.
- Project submissions may not be published while they are undergoing assessment by the jury.
- The project must not have received any previous awards in a Norwegian or international competition.
- After the submission deadline the jury and the Research Council have the right to publish project submissions provided that the names of participants are listed.
Prizes and awards
- The jury’s decision is final.
- Participants must be present at the finals to be eligible to receive a prize/award.
- You must be a Norwegian citizen or have resided in Norway for the past year to be eligible to participate and win prizes/awards.
- You must have a Norwegian national identity number or a D-number to be eligible to receive cash prizes or be reimbursed for expenses in connection with travel to the finals.
- You must have your own, personal bank account to receive cash prizes. If you have a bank account in another country, the transaction will be in NOK and we do not cover fees for transferring abroad.
Last updated 18.08.2021