Svalbard Strategic Grant (SSG)
The Svalbard Strategic Grant is a seed money program aimed at advancing coordination, collaboration and data sharing between researchers with a relevance to Svalbard.
The program is financed by the Research Council of Norway (RCN) and administered by the Svalbard Science Forum (SSF) secretariat in Longyearbyen. A call for proposals is made annually.
The 2022 call opened in February. The deadline for the call is 16 March 2022.
Click link to the call text here.
The program encourages workshops and network projects that advance coordination, collaboration and open sharing of data. Such activities could also include pilot studies and the planning of larger applications and/or projects.
A total of up to NOK 5,5 million is made available for workshops and network projects. Each proposal may receive a maximum of NOK 500 000.
The application must be submitted by an approved Norwegian research organisation.
Priority in this call will be given to activities that contribute to:
- establishing new or developing existing scientific cooperation projects/ flagships in Svalbard;
- developing the existing four Ny-Ålesund flagship programmes;
- increased mobility and cooperation between research localities in Svalbard (Longyearbyen, Ny-Ålesund, Barentsburg, Hornsund and Bjørnøya/ Hopen);
- placing Svalbard research in a pan-Arctic and global perspective;Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR) data management that is compliant with Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System (SIOS);
- developing sustainable cooperation under the auspices of SIOS.
Messages at time of print 2 December 2022, 16:58 CET