Svalbard Strategic Grant (SSG)
The Svalbard Strategic Grant is a seed money program aimed at advancing coordination, collaboration and data sharing between researchers with a relevance to Svalbard.
The program is financed by the Research Council of Norway (RCN) and administered by the Svalbard Science Forum (SSF) secretariat in Longyearbyen. A call for proposals is made annually. The application deadline is the 16 December 2019. The full call text is available here.
The program encourages workshops and network projects that advance coordination, collaboration and open sharing of data. Such activities could also include pilot studies and the planning of larger applications and/or projects.
A total of up to NOK 4 million is made available for workshops and network projects every year. Each proposal may receive a maximum of NOK 500 000.
The application must be submitted by an approved Norwegian research organisation.
Priority in this call will be given to activities that contribute to:
· develop existing, or establish new, scientific cooperation projects in Svalbard;
· increase cooperation between research localities in Svalbard (Longyearbyen, Ny-Ålesund, Barentsburg and Hornsund);
· put Svalbard research in i a larger pan-Arctic and global perspective;
· achieve Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable (FAIR) data management compliant with Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System (SIOS), and;
· develop sustainable cooperation under the auspices of Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System (SIOS)