About the event
Budgeting in Horizon Europe (1 day) – Level 1
The course gives you an introduction to finances in Horizon Europe and explains the key principles of EU funding in R&I projects. We will explain how budgeting in Horizon Europe differs from budgeting in Horizon 2020, and how to set up a good resource plan and budget. The course closes with a practical workshop, where participants learn how to set up a budget and calculate their costs.
The course language is English and the course is delivered by Europa Media.
Our Horizon Europe seminars are distributed into 5 topics (A-E) on three knowledge levels (1-3). Read more about the different courses.
08:45 – 09:00 Accessing the ZOOM Online Meeting Room
09:00 – 09:15 Event opening: Introduction to the course and the participants
09:15 – 10:00 Introduction to Finances in Horizon Europe - Part I
- Key principles of EU funding for R&I projects
- Overview of the Annotated Model Grant Agreement
- Grant types and funding rules
- Importance of budgeting
(10:00 – 10:15 Coffee break)
10:15 – 11:00 Introduction to Finances in Horizon Europe - Part II
- Fundamentals of financial management in R&I projects
- Eligibility rules
- Direct and Indirect cost
- Introduction to the major cost categories in an R&I project budget
(11:00 - 11:15 Coffee break)
11:15 - 12:00 Resource Planning and Budgeting in Horizon Europe Proposals
- Proposal budget vs. project spending
- Estimating costs: Personnel, travel, subcontracting and other direct costs
- Coordinators vs. partners in budget planning
- Resource planning and budgeting tools
- Examples of budgeting process in small/medium vs. large-scale projects
(12:00 – 13:00 Lunch)
13:00 – 15:00 Workshop: Resource Planning and Budgeting in HE Proposals
Participants will go through exercises to estimate their budget for a virtual proposal in which they are a partner. They will have to calculate their person-month rate correctly, estimate other direct costs such as travel, consumables, equipment, subcontracting, and demonstrate how their technical role and planned activities in the project are consistent with their planned resources and budget.
(14:00 – 14:15 Coffee break)
15:00 End of course
Messages at time of print 2 February 2023, 21:43 CET
For the application deadline 8 February, we manage our hotline +47 22 03 72 00 from Thursday 2 February till Tuesday 7 February at CET 08.00–15.45 and Wednesday 8 February at CET 08.00-13.00.