B.1 - EU R&I Proposal Writing: the first steps
No course fee, but registration is binding. A fee on NOK 1000 is charged for no show, as well as cancellation later than the registration deadline. Only absence with medical sick leave certificate, court summons or military service are accepted as valid absences.
- Registration deadline:
3. februar kl. 15.00
About the event
This course helps you understand the key success features of EU research and innovation projects, which preparatory steps to take, and explains the tasks and responsibilities of the partners. The course also covers how to build a winning consortium, the steps in proposal writing and how to smoothly lead a proposal to submission. At the end of the course there will be a practical exercise.
The course language is English, and the course is delivered by Europa Media.
Our Horizon Europe seminars are distributed into 5 topics (A-E) on three knowledge levels (1-3). Read more about the different courses.
09:00 – 09:15 Registration
09:15 – 09:45 Event Opening
09:45 – 10:15 What makes a Horizon Europe proposal successful?
Introduction to the key success features of EU research and innovation projects. What are the steps, what are the tasks and responsibilities of a partner and the coordinating organisation? Best and worst practices will help highlighting how a successful or bad project looks like.
(10:15 – 10:25 Short Break)
10:25 – 11:15 Building a winning consortium
• Build the most suitable consortium for your next EU project.
• What are the key aspects to consider while building up your partnership?
• Your tools to find the right partners: searching facilities, networks, events and more.
• Maintaining partnerships and connections in the long run.
• Tips on networking events and virtual networking to be prepared in these times.
• Understand the winning consortium characteristics in Horizon Europe.
(11:15 – 11:30 Short Break)
11:30 – 12:15 Key steps in proposal writing
- With an Introduction to the Funding and Tenders Portal
Proposal writing steps – key elements, templates to consider – what to discuss and when. Intro to the tools and procedures set up by the European Commission.
(12:15 – 13:00 Lunch Break)
13:00 – 13:30 How to smoothly lead a proposal to submission?
- How to distribute the writing of the proposal amongst the key partners
- How to effectively mobilise your partners to unleash their full potential in terms of their input to the proposal and mobilisation of their resources
- What are the key proposal sections that require input to be gathered and consolidated from all partners?
- How to make sure that your partners provide you with accurate data and input for the budget
(13:30 – 13:40 Technical Break)
13:40 - 14:50 Exercise: Practicing the very basic tools
Under the moderation of trainers, participants work in groups on putting together work packages, Gantt charts, pert diagrams – understand the concept development procedure.
14:50 - 15:00 Remaining quesitons, end of course
Messages at time of print 2 February 2023, 22:49 CET
For the application deadline 8 February, we manage our hotline +47 22 03 72 00 from Thursday 2 February till Tuesday 7 February at CET 08.00–15.45 and Wednesday 8 February at CET 08.00-13.00.