ERC Proof of Concept; Innovation from excellent science
- Target group:
EU-advisers and those who have a ERC-grant
- Registration deadline:
October 25, 2022
Live streaming, video recording will be available
About the event
View the presentations:
- Welcome - Per Magnus Kommandantvold and Berit Sundby Avset
- ERC 2023 Proof of Concept - Line Fredslund Volkers (ERCEA)
- Why should an ERC-grantee apply for a Proof-of-Concept grant? From researcher’s experiences - Professor BalpreetSingh Ahluwalia
- How a Technology Transfer Organization (TTO) can contribute to a successful PoC application - Magnus Seppola
- Social Innovation, our experience - Tore Nilssen and Johannes Elgvin
The ERC Proof of Concept Grants (PoC) aim at facilitating exploration of the commercial and social innovation potential of ERC funded research. You may apply for a PoC if you are a Principal Investigator in a Starting, Consolidator, Advanced or Synergy Grant.
Line Fredslund Volkers, call coordinator for PoC at the ERC, tells you what you need to know about PoC before you apply. We also have a contribution from a researcher who has received two PoC projects, what a TTO (Technology Transfer Organisation) can help with and finally some considerations about social innovation from the Faculty of Social Sciences at UiO.
The 2023-call opens 20. October 2022 and there will be three deadlines: 24. January, 20. April and 14. September.
The webinar will be in English.
Welcome and intro
NCP's Per Magnus Kommandantvold and Berit Sundby Avset
What is the ERC Proof of Concept?
Line Volkers, ERC Executive Agency
Why should an ERC- grantee apply for a Proof-of-Concept grant?
My experiences by Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, UiT. Recipient of two ERC PoC grants
How a Technology Transfer Organisation (TTO) can contribute to a successful PoC application.
Social innovation – our experience.
Tore Nilssen, Pro-Dean of Research, and Johannes Elgvin, Administrativ head of Research, both at Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Oslo
Berit Sundby Avset
Per Magnus Kommandantvold
Messages at time of print 2 October 2023, 16:42 CEST