Arctic Frontiers 2022 PATHWAYS
8 May 2022 00:00 - 11 May 2022 00:00
- Type of event:
About the event
Arctic Frontiers links science, policy and business. By setting the agenda Arctic Frontiers contributes to responsible and sustainable development of communities and business in the Arctic.
Join the side event about the Ocean Decade and the Need for Ocean Knowledge!
The challenges of the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development require knowledge and competence. In this side event the National Ocean Decade Committee of Norway invites you to discuss the need for knowledge and how to use it.
Representatives from private sector, public administration, university leadership and young scientists will share their views. A panel will, together with the audience, discuss possible ways forward and seek best practices on how to develop and use ocean competence in a way that makes us reach the goals of the Ocean Decade.
- Title: The Ocean Decade and the Need for Ocean Knowledge
- When: May 10, 18.45-20 at Clarion Edge Hotel.
- Find out more about this side event on the conference website
The side event is open to all Arctic Frontiers participants.
Siri G. Carson, Director, National Ocean Decade Committee / NTNU Oceans
The UN Decade of Ocean Science
Vladimir Ryabinin, IOC of UNESCO
Introducing the topic – the need for knowledge
Siri G. Carson
Young Ocean Professional from the Emerging Leader-programme
Alun Jones, postdoc, The Nansen Legacy and NTNU
Panel Discussion and interactive talk with the audience
Facilitated by Siri G. Carson
- Stein Arne Rånes, Project Manager, Troms and Finnmark County
- Kathrine Tveiterås, Pro-Rector Education, UiT
- Helene Thorstensen, SALT
- Jaran Rauø, Chief Development Officer, Stella Polaris
- Emerging Leader participant
- Nansen Legacy Young Professional
Messages at time of print 28 May 2022, 18:37 CEST