EEA and Norway Grants: the Baltics
The Baltic Research Programme has a budgetary framework of EUR 25 million and carries out three calls in the programme period 2018-2024. There will be no further calls in this period.
The overall objective of the research programme between Norway, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania is:
- To support multilateral relations between the countries and promote close cooperation that can be continued in the longer term.
- Cooperation is to be supplementary in nature, contributing to capacity- and knowledge-building in the Baltic countries.
- The programme seeks to support projects with a strong regional component and to help to develop research expertise through multilateral cooperation in projects incorporating doctoral and post-doctoral fellows.
- The programme is also to serve as a stepping stone in the process of expanding future cooperation at the European level and within the Baltic region.
The Research Council of Norway is a partner in the research programme and serves in an advisory capacity. Contact us if you have any questions.
The themes of the programme will include the following research topics:
- Public health, e- health
- Migration, social inclusion
- Cyber security, public security
- Regional economic development, employment, labour market regulations, social policy
- Innovative solutions for efficient and sustainable use of resources
Projects are to have a duration of three to four years and must conclude by 30 April 2024.