CLIMIT – The Norwegian RD&D CCS programme
The CLIMIT programme provides funding for research, development and demonstration of technology for CO2 capture and storage (CCS). The programme is a cooperative effort between Gassnova and the Research Council. The Research Council provides funding for the activities involving research and development.
CLIMIT work programme
The work programme provides an overview of
- challenges, objectives and priorities
- anticipated results, impacts and societal outcomes
The CLIMIT programme has three focus areas with associated performance goals
- early full-scale CCS value chain in Europe;
- large-scale storage of CO2 on the Norwegian continental shelf in the North Sea;
- future solutions for CCS.
See the Research Council’s Project Databank for project information and statistics.
Gassnova supports development and demonstration of CCS technology. See the CLIMIT website for details about what the Research Council and Gassnova offer in the field of CCS.