Research Council activities relating to food
Research activities in this area focus on food-related issues along the entire value chain in agriculture and aquaculture targeted towards increased value creation.
The Project Databank provides statistics and information about the projects funded by the Research Council within this thematic area.
Key programmes for this thematic area
Activities under the Research Council’s programmes extend across multiple thematic areas. The programmes listed here are the largest contributors of funding for this thematic area.
- societal perspectives, governance and markets
- fish health and welfare
- production biology, nutrition, selective breeding and genetics
- production technology and processing technology
- targeted initiatives: low trophic-level species, sustainable feed ingredients and safe and healthy seafood
- knowledge-based value creation
- food security
- safe and healthy food
- agriculture and food
- climate and the environment
- business and economics
Applications for funding for preliminary studies and pre-projects are to be submitted to the Norwegian Agricultural Agency, while applications for funding under the application types “Researcher Project” and “Innovation Project for the Industrial Sector” are to be submitted to the Research Council of Norway.
- development of the agricultural, marine, industrial and health sectors
- biotechnology and society
- international cooperation
- industrial development
- expertise and infrastructure
Promotes innovation by providing funding for long-term research conducted in close cooperation between research-performing companies and prominent research groups.
The SFI centres are to develop expertise of high international calibre in fields of importance for innovation and value creation.
- marine ecosystems
- pollution and other effects on ecosystems
- sustainable harvesting and value creation
- management and societal perspectives
Infrastructure that facilitates high-quality research.
- electronic infrastructure (e-infrastructure)
- scientific databases
- scientific collections
- scientific equipment
- large-scale research facilities, laboratories
- natural and anthropogenic climate change
- impacts of climate change on nature and society
- transition to a low-emission society and adaptation to climate change
- increase the number of companies using research in their innovation activities
- expand the range of research groups at R&D institutions that are relevant partners for industry
- strengthen the connection between regional and national efforts on research-based innovation