Norwegian UN Ocean Decade National Committee
The National Committee is tasked with ensuring that Norwegian efforts will achive the Ocean Decades goals. The committee will be giving advise, exchange information, act as decade ambassadors and be involved in different activities.
The committee members are representatives from central ocean communities in Norway within the fields of research, business sector, NGOs, communitation and public sphere. The members are being appointed for two years.
Committee members 2021-2023
- Mari Vold Bjordal, Adviser aquaculture, Bellona
- Olai Einen, Head of Feed and Fish Health, Cermaq
- Mats A. Granskog, Research scientist, Norwegian Polar Institute
- Julia Giebichenstein, Doctoral Research Fellow, University of Oslo
- Alf Håkon Hoel, Professor, University of Tromsø og Havforskningsinstituttet
- Gabriella Kossmann, Senior Adviser, Norad
- Beate Kvamstad-Lervold, Special Adviser, Sintef Ocean
- Erik Olsen, forskningssjef, Institute of marine research
- Bente Pretlove, Programme Director Ocean Space, DNV
- Tor Erik Standal, Director, Atlanterhavsparken - aquarium and science center
- Erling Svensen, Underwater photographer
- Lise Øvreås, Professor and Academic Director of Ocean Sustainability Berge University of Bergen