The Research Council Innovation Award
The Research Council’s Innovation Award is given to an individual, business or public entity that has achieved innovation through the strategic use of research. To be eligible, the candidate must have received Research Council funding.
For the award, we are always looking for candidates who are involved in moving boundaries for what is possible within a field. The winner receives honor and glory and half a million kroner. The money will be used for innovation activities.
Statutes for the Innovation Award
- The Research Council Innovation Award is given to an individual, business or public entity that has achieved research-based innovation through the strategic use of research in its innovation activities. To be eligible, the candidate must have received support via one or more Research Council funding instruments.
- The award is intended to highlight the benefits of research as a starting point for innovation. It also shows the value of collaboration between research groups and companies and underscores the role of the Research Council as an innovation stakeholder.
- The award is meant to inspire others to invest strategically in research and to apply research results in exceptionally innovative ways.
- The Research Council publicly announces the award process and asks for nominations. The deadline and nomination form are made available when the process has been opened. The Research Council may also nominate candidates.
- An internal committee reviews the nominations and selects the top five to seven eligible candidates, after which the winner is selected by a jury consisting of members appointed by the Research Council Executive Board.
- The award comprises a cash prize of NOK 500 000 and is presented at a Research Council event.
- The prize money is to be used for innovation activities.
Jury for the Research Council Innovation Award
- Hilde Tonne, jury chair
- Eimund Nygaard
- Kirsti Hjemdal
- Pinar Heggernes
- Jan Magnus Aronsen
- Mari Sundli Tveit
- Karianne Melleby
Messages at time of print 28 January 2022, 13:16 CET
For the application deadline 2 February, we manage the hotline
+47 22 03 72 00 as follows: Thursday 27 January, Friday 28 January, Monday 31 January and Tuesday 1 February (all days at CET 08.00-15.45) and Wednesday 2 February CET 08.00-13.00.