Financial Rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe
4. oktober 2021 08.30 - 16.00
Forskningsrådet (møterom Abel 2&3)
Ingen kursavgift, men vi tar et gebyr på kr. 1000 for no-show
Financial rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe (2 dager) – Nivå 2
Kurset gir deg en detaljert gjennomgang av økonomireglene i Horisont 2020 og Horisont Europa, og vi gjennomgår hvilke kostnader som er godkjente og hvilke som ikke er det. Vi snakker om ulike måter å beregne personalkostnader på, og viser hvilke andre godkjente kostnader som kan inngå og hvordan disse beregnes (f.eks. reisekostnader, utstyr og internfakturerte kostnader). På slutten av kurset gjennomgår vi hvordan en prosjektrevisjon gjennomføres.
Kurset holdes på engelsk, og kursleder er Europa Media.
Financial rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe (2 days) – Level 2
The course gives you a detailed explanation of the financial rules of Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe. We will explain which costs are eligible for reimbursement and which are not. Then, we will explain different ways to calculate personnel costs, and other costs such as travel expenses, equipment and internally invoiced items. During day two of the course, we dive into more details of financial reporting and how to deal with financial issues in the periodic reports, illustrated with practical examples.
The course is delivered by Europa Media.
Agenda Day 1
09:00 – 09:30 Event Opening, Zoom user guide
09:30 – 10:15 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules Part 1:
Detailed introduction to the financial rules of H2020 and Horizon Europe with real-life examples:
- Basic facts
- Importance of the budget and of the resources
- Cost vs Price principle
- Basic financial principles in theory and practice
(10:15 – 10:30 Break for another coffee, late breakfast or other)
10:30 – 11:15 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules Part 2:
- Form of Grants, Forms of Costs
- Eligible and non-eligible costs with comparison and all exceptions
- Direct and indirect costs
(11:15 – 11:30 Break for checking on lunch)
11:30 – 12:15 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules Part 3
Introducing the cost categories
- Personnel costs calculations – showing the possible ways:
- Employees and other employment contracts
- Financial-year based vs monthly-based calculation vs daily rate calculation
- Number of productive hours to consider
- Transforming hours into days
(12:15 – 13:30 Break for lunch – Bon Appetit)
13:30 – 14:15 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules Part 4:
- Additional and project-based remuneration
- Bonuses, fringe-benefits, and other complements
- Unit-based personnel costs calculation
- In-house consultants and seconded employees
- SME-owner rates
(14:15 – 14:30 Break for after lunch coffee, checking on kids and grandparents)
14:30 – 15:15 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules Part 5
- Subcontracting and other third parties
- Travel costs, Consumables vs. Overheads
- Equipment and assets
- Internally invoiced items
- Indirect costs calculation
(15:15 – 15:30 One last coffee to survive….)
15:30 – 16:00 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules Part 6
- Funding Rates
- Receipt calculations
- Guarantee Fund vs Mutual Insurance Mechanism
- Certificates on Financial Statements, Certificate on Methodology, etc.
- Payments and Exchange rates
- System and Process Audits
16:00 Intro to Day 2, end of Day 1
Agenda Day 2
09:00 – 12:00 Workshop – Financial Reporting
Introduction - Participants will prepare a financial statement for a virtual Horizon Europe project, based on “dummy” invoices, salary slips, receipts and bills, time records and certificates, which are generated individually for each participant. The full package will be downloadable or sent to the participants on Day1 and shall be solved individually as homework.
Online assistance will be provided between 10:00 – 11:30 on Day 2, if needed
(12:00 – 13:00 Break for lunch – Bon Appetit)
13:00 – 14:30 Understanding the Financial Reports
Pragmatic approaches in reporting; Point-by-point assessment of the prepared financial reports: Format, content; overall principles, possible bottlenecks, what should and should not be included.
(14:30 – 14:45 One last coffee to survive….)
14:45 – 15:30 How to deal with Financial issues in the Periodic Reports
Step-by-step guide on how to report costs, deal with deviations, and internal allocation issues. Handling the EC requests for clarification, suspension of payments and other issues with hands-on approach.
15:30 – 16:00 Q&A session