Financial Rules of H2020 and HEU (5 days)
10. mai 2021 09.00 - 21. mai 2021 11.00
6. mai kl.12.00
Financial Rules of Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe (5 korte webinarer) – Nivå 2
Dette kurset kjøres kl 9-11 hver dag i 5 dager, og består av 5 deler a 90 + 30 minutter.
Kurset holdes på engelsk, og kursleder er Europa Media.
Financial Rules of Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe (5 short sessions) – Level 2
The course is delivered by Europa Media.
1. Master of Finance: Essentials of the financial rules in Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe (90 + 30 min) - Monday 10 May
- How to harmonise national accounting protocols with the H2020/ HEU Grant Agreement articles
- Budgeting and planning: Why it is the most crucial part?
- What is a cost reimbursement? What is lump sum financing?
- Actual costs and unit costs? Which one should I choose?
- What makes any cost eligible? How to make them eligible?
- Linking a cost to the project? What makes them direct costs?
- Can I report indirect costs? If not, why not?
2. Master of Finance: Personnel costs calculation in Horizon Europe and Horizon 2020 (90 + 30 min) - Tuesday 11 May
- Who and when can be charged to the project?
- Actual or unit-based personnel costs calculation – so what?
- Identifying eligible salary costs
- Calculation routes – monthly or yearly?
- Productive hours – should I accept 1720?
- Freelancers and temporary employees
- Secondment – what is the added value?
- What makes a timesheet bulletproof?
3. Master of Finance: Third-parties, Subcontractors, and other direct costs in Horizon Europe and Horizon 2020 (90 + 30 min) - Wednesday 12 May
- Third party articles – why, there are more than one?
- Resource needed or service outsourced?
- Subcontractors or Linked third parties?
- Which one should be foreseen? Which one would your office prefer?
- Travel costs – for employees and for other – is there a difference?
- Equipment and other assets – how to calculate your facility costs efficiently?
- Other goods and services – what’s in here?
- How about internal cost transfers and charges? Are they eligible?
- Funding rates, receipts, CFS rules and payments – learn them all!
4. Practice - Financial Reporting: Experience the power of learning by doing (90 + 30 min) - Thursday 20 May
The workshop exercise is designed to help you understand how the rules of the Grant Agreement work in real life. You’ll receive a full documentation of a virtual project, including timesheets, payrolls, invoices and bills, travel notes and asset expenses to experience:
- Personnel costs calculation for employees and consultants
- Which calculation gives higher eligible costs for the same salary?
- Subcontracting or other service – how to trick with them?
- Travel costs calculations, equipment and other costs – are they always direct costs?
5. Step-by-step guidance on filing your H2020/ HEU project’s claims on the EC portal (60 + 15 min) - Friday 21 May
- Real-time, step-by step guidance on how to fill in the Financial Statement
- How to report efforts?
- Should you respect the 15% reporting rules on other costs? – Why explain why not…
- Adjustments – detailed guide on what to do
- Harmonising financial reports with technical ones – consistency matters