Horisont 2020/Horizon Europe - Project Management and Reporting
22. september 2020 09.00 - 23. september 2020 15.30
- Passer for:
Forskere, prosjektledere, rådgivere
15. september kl.15:00
Kurset gir en innføring i hvordan man kommer godt i gang med et EU-prosjekt, og gir praktiske tips om hvordan man sikrer en god prosjektgjennomføring. Kurset tar også for seg finansielle regler, økonomistyring og rapportering i Horisont 2020.
Kurset arrangeres av Norges forskningsråd vil pga koronasituasjonen streames som webinar. Kursspråk er engelsk.
The course will cover all challenges you can face in a H2020 project. Our scope is to provide you with the knowledge we have, the tools we use and skills we acquired in the past 19 years and in our 16 running/closed H2020 projects. What can go wrong or what challenges we mean? Here are a few issues:
- Project management for handling non-performing partners, creating a team from individual partners, dealing with conflicts, internal reporting and EC reporting etc.
- Administrative issues related to documents you should collect and archive, time and costs to administer properly;
- Legal difficulties related to the Consortium Agreement, IPR protection;
- Financial issues related to cost eligibility, budget transfers, payment arrangements;
- Communication and PR internally, with the European Commission, the research community, the industry or the wide public.
You will experience Europa Media's well-known "learning-by-doing" approach – presentations to start with, then use your newly-acquired knowledge during the workshops specifically designed for the particular topics. We give you real problems to solve and tools that help you solve them.
Workshop: Project Management Role-Play
- Each participant will become a partner in a problematic project
- The trainer will represent the European Commission – helping you? guiding you? You will see…
- You will have to face together – or individually – challenges that happen frequently in H2020 projects – based on real experience! We show-case our challenges we were facing since 2014.
Learn by Playing!
- Believe us when we state: The real experience of the participants will make each game quite special, non-repeatable!
Learn from others!
Exercise: Tools and templates in a H2020 project
Word templates and excel sheets might give you the best tools to manage the project smoothly – how toshow to your partners what will happen and when – how to collect information and data from your partnersfor the EC – how to monitor the budget – how to monitor the action affecting the impact. Participants getthe tools that can be easily tailored for their own project(s). Two exercises will show-case the practical useand value of these tools.
Workshop: Financial Management and Reporting
- Exercises on Financial reality
- Participants will practice how they can manage issues with budget spending, budget transfers and fill in their Financial Statement using some available information and numbers and in the same time calculating some personnel and other direct costs.
Training course output:
- Have the proper H2020 management tools and understand why, when and how to use them
- Get an insight to Horizon 2020 financial issues
- Find out how to cope with challenges in project implementation
- Practice how to allocate costs and prepare your Form C
- Learn how to put together technical reports
Horizon 2020 Project Management and Finance
INDICATIVE AGENDA – DAY 1
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:30 Event Opening
09:30 – 10:15 How to Coordinate and Manage your R&I Project
- Essential project management and coordination tools and tips. Dealing with the partners. Motivation and Controlling tools. Legal and administrative obligations. Possible administrative and technical bottlenecks, legal problems.
(10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break)
10:30 – 11:30 Legal Agreements in a H2020 proposal and project
- Non-Disclosure Agreements; Letters of Intent; Memoranda of Understanding; Letter of Commitment. Subcontracting and Third-Party Agreement.
- Grant Agreement – what are the rights and obligations you committed to? Consortium Agreement: what and how to include; decision making procedures, obligations and rights, financial issues and managing task and budget reallocations. Tips – what to include and how? Amending a Grant Agreement – when and how?
(11:30 – 11:40 Short technical break)
11:45 – 12:45 Getting your Project Started
- Kick off meeting. Set-up the project management tools – a web platform or a package of word and excel templates? Web-based communication, telcos or f2f events? How many how often? How can you plan your budget spending and monitor it? How do you monitor the development of new knowledge, generation of new IP to be protected?
(12:45 – 13:30 Lunch break)
13:30 – 14:45 Technical Management, Reviews and Reporting
- Periodic and final reports: what to and how to report, irregularities and deviation management, internal quality assurance mechanisms – how to check deliverables or general quality of your actions, problem solving, tips for effective internal management of your partners and their reporting obligations. How do you follow dissemination or exploitation actions your partners do? Introduction to the official online reporting tools and show-case of a real H2020 report. What happens on a review, how is it organised?
(14:45 – 15:00 Coffee Break)
15:00 – 16:00 Workshop: Management Role-Play – Part 1
- Participants will play a game – entering a project consortium of unknown partners, knowing only their own tasks instead of having a good overview on all activities and results that the project should deliver. From the very start throughout the project duration they must face together certain challenges – legal, management and financial problems. All participants will play different roles – representing partners with different interests. Your trainer will be the Project Officer - helping you most of the time … let’s see.
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 2
09:00 – 10:30 Workshop: Management Role-Play – Part 2
- Participants will continue the game – additional challenges will be solved related to dissemination, exploitation, partner conflicts – and a partner having serious financial problems. Hopefully you will be able to finalise the project and get all the max. EU contribution set in
the Grant Agreement.
(10:30 – 10:45 Coffee Break)
10:45 – 12:30 H2020 Financial Rules in theory and in practice
- Detailed introduction to financial rules for H2020 with real-life examples:
- Basic facts
- Importance of the budget and of the resources;
- Cost vs Price principle
- Reimbursement models, forms of costs;
- Eligible and non-eligible costs with comparison and all exceptions;
- Direct/Indirect costs;
- Personnel costs calculation – showing the possible ways;
- Travel costs, Consumables vs. Overheads;
- Indirect costs calculation;
- Funding Rates and EC payments;
- Guarantee Fund;
- Certificates on Financial Statements, Certificate on Methodology, etc.
(12:30 – 13:30 Lunch)
13:30 – 15:30 Workshop: Budget monitoring and financial reporting
- Participants will have to solve financial challenges. Two exercises will be given that can be solved in groups or individually. The first exercise will refer to a budget monitoring, budget transfer issue. In the second part you will have to finalise a financial statement for a virtual Horizon 2020 project, based on some numbers available and some documents that can give you the remaining numbers (documents will be invoices, salary slips, receipts and bills, time records and certificates).
(14:45 – 15:00 Coffee Break)
15:30 -16:00 Final questions, evaluation and closure of the course