Horizon Europe: A practical insight
26. november 2020 09.00 - 15.00
- Passer for:
Forskere, prosjektledere, rådgivere
18. november kl.15:00
Forskningsrådet og UiS tilbyr et praktisk forberedende kurs for Horizon Europe. Grunnet koronasituasjonen vil kurset streames som webinar.
Europa Media Group explains the lessons learnt in Horizon 2020 and based on these introduces the changes to be applied by proposal writers and project managers in 2019-2021 transition period. This course goes beyond the official texts – it presents real-life examples, success and failure stories in Horizon 2020 projects in order to help the preparation for Horizon Europe.
H2020 - Horizon Europe - A practical insight
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:15 Event Opening and introduction to the course
09:15 – 09:45 EU Research and Innovation Funding landscape 2021-2027
What is new? – What stays the same? – Programmes and priorities in focus
Synergies on practical level between Horizon Europe, Erasmus, CEF, Digital Europe and many others.
09:45 – 10:15 Let’s see: Introduction to Horizon Europe – Part I.
What is new? Focus on new funding schemes and new research priorities.
Let’s see the practical aspects:
• Sustainable Development Goals – the global agenda
• Focus on innovation (open innovation, social innovation), open and collaborative science and international cooperation
• Why Mission orientation?
• Who is a scientist? Who is an innovator?
10:15 – 10:40 Coffee Break
10:40 – 12:00 Let’s see: Introduction to Horizon Europe – Part IIStructure of the program
• Introducing the three pillars
• Scientific excellence
• Leadership in innovation and entrepreneurship
• Innovation, open innovation, social innovation concepts
• R&I missions and clusters
• Digital transformation
• New partnerships: Technology Platforms, ERA-NETs, Innovation Partnerships, etc.
• InvestEU for R&I
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 – 13:45 How to? From idea to Horizon Europe proposal – key lessons in proposal development
• How to approach Horizon 2020 proposals keeping Horizon Europe in mind
• How to draft Section 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 differently now – lessons learnt:
o Linking Ambition with Impact
o Integrating the 3Os
o Highlighting KPIs
o Scientific and Industrial resources to be considered
o Open access and Data Management Plans
13:45 – 14:15 What if? How to Coordinate and Manage your R&I Project in in preparation for Horizon Europe?
Practical changes in project management and financing expected for 2021-2027 that might influence your ongoing H2020 and future Horizon Europe projects.
• Strict administration
• Close financial monitoring
• Non-compliance and joint technical responsibility
• Data Management and Open access issues
• Citizens’ engagement
• Co-creation processes with stakeholders
• Ethics and gender issues
14:15 – 14:30 Coffee break
14:30 – 15:00 What’s next? Preparing for Horizon Europe
• Tasks for research managers, grants offices, legal and financial advisers
• Expert Groups to follow/check
15:00 – Remaining questions, end of course