WEBINAR: Horisont 2020/Horizon Europe - Proposal Writing - Focus Impact
4. november 2020 09.00 - 5. november 2020 15.30
- Passer for:
27. oktober kl.15.00
Forskningsrådet tilbyr et todagerskurs med praktisk trening i å skrive prosjektforslag til Horisont 2020. Kurset tar spesielt for seg de tre prosjekttypene Innovation Action (IA), Research and Innovation Action (RIA) og Coordinating and Support Action (CSA).
Grunnet koronasituasjonen vil kurset streames som webinar.
Gjennom en blanding av forelesninger og workshops får deltakerne praktisk trening i hvordan man innretter en søknad til de respektive prosjekttypene.
Kurset er praktisk rettet og legger hovedvekt på en av de tre hoveddelene i en søknad: "Impact", eller samfunnsnytte. Forskningsrådet har engasjert det erfarne konsulentfirmaet Europa Media, som har spesialisert seg på EUs forsknings- og innovasjonsprogrammer. De har skaffet seg ekspertise gjennom en rekke søknader, som også brukes som eksempler under kurset.
Kurset passser for alle som ønsker å utvikle bedre EU-søknader, enten du kommer fra en bedrift, FoU-miljø eller det offentlige.
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 1
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:15 Event opening and introduction to the course
09:15 – 10:00 Introduction to Proposal Development under H2020
- Work programmes, calls and topics – budgets, deadlines, submission processes
- General principles and features of H2020 proposals – understanding and fitting appropriately to the EU R&I context
- Types of actions (RIA, IA, CSA) and TRLs – positioning your proposal effectively
- First steps of proposal preparation: Identifying the right call, Call analysis, proposal abstract, background research, consortium building
Extra session: How to consider Horizon Europe in your H2020 proposal?
(10:00 – 10:15 Coffee Break)
10:15 – 11:15 From idea to H2020 proposal – A hands-on approach
- How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
- Drafting the Part B of the proposal – From call analysis to submission
- Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates from section 1.1. until 5.2 of the Part B of the proposal with lessons learned from evaluations
(11:15 – 11:30 Coffee break)
11:30 – 12:30 Expected Impact in H2020 Proposals
- Impact in H2020 proposals – examples of different approaches to addressing the “Expected Impact” of your proposals, lessons learned from evaluations
- Impact in RIAs, IAs and CSAs – how to position your innovation from RTD to market uptake, Dos and Don’ts
- Impact indicators and Impact assessment methodologies
- Barriers to achieving the Expected Impact – Types of barriers, Barriers vs. Risks
(12:30 – 13:30 Lunch)
13:30 – 16:00 Proposal Development Workshop: Concept, Objectives and Work Plan
Participants are divided into small groups to practice the first steps of proposal development under Horizon 2020: Call analysis, project concept development, formulation of the project objectives and a preliminary work plan. Principles for impact driven concept and proposal development. Defining the work packages, developing a Gantt chart and a PERT diagram, identifying deliverables and milestones, establishing a complementary partnership.
(14:45 – 15:00 Coffee break)
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 2
08:30 – 09:30 Impact, Innovation and Exploitation in H2020 proposals
- How to identify and select the best exploitation, IP and innovation strategy to maximise the potential impact of your H2020 project
- Business plans, market uptake strategies
- Exploitation and sustainability – examples of project and partner level approaches and routes
- Pre-proposal and proposal-stage agreements and tools for consortia
(09:30 – 09:45 Coffee Break)
09:45 – 10:30 Dissemination & Communication in H2020 proposals
How to tailor an effective dissemination and communication plan to maximise the potential impact of your H2020 project
- Tools, measures, strategies and channels to reach your target group and communicate the right message in the right way
- Requirements of the EC, legal obligations according to the H2020 GA
Knowledge management, Open Access, Open Data
- Dissemination and communication under Ethics and IPR issues
10:45 – 12:00 Proposal Development Workshop: Impact and Exploitation
Participants will continue the work in small groups to draft the Expected Impact section and identify the best scenario for exploitation and IP strategy:
- How the project will contribute to each of the expected impacts mentioned in the call
- Substantial impacts not mentioned in the work programme (RIA,IA)
- Barriers - how to differentiate barriers and risks
- Exploitable results and the potential exploitation strategies – how to transform this into a “plan”
- Draft strategy for knowledge management and protection strategy
(12:00 – 13:00 Lunch break)
13:00 – 13:45 Proposal Development Workshop: Dissemination & Communication
Participants will define the relevant target groups and the most appropriate dissemination and communication tools, channels and strategies for disseminating and communicating the results of the project with a view to maximizing its impact.
(13:45 – 14:00 Coffee break)
14:00 – 15:00 Proposal Development Workshop: Finalising and submitting the proposal
Participants will identify the efforts and resources to be committed to define a sound budget. By introducing a real proposal, the evaluation summary report, and focussing on the comments on the Impact section, the participants will have a better understanding of the evaluators’ perspective.
15:00 Wrap-up and end of course