Horisont 2020 - Proposal Writing workshop - Thematic Focus
12. november 2019 09.00 - 13. november 2019 15.00
Universitetet i Bergen
- Passer for:
Gratis, men vi tar et gebyr på kr.1000 for no-show.
Kurset egner seg for de som allerede er kjent med H2020 programmet og dets finansieringsordninger og som også har innsendt minst et H2020 prosjektforslag som en partner eller koordinator.
Kurset holdes på engelsk, og nedenfor finnes en kort beskrivelse.
Hands-on approach: The course will start with a short introduction to the H2020 proposal template sections and what/how to write under each section under the main funding schemes: CSA, RIA, IA.
Concept workshop: Based on a specific open call for proposals You will draft the objectives, work plan, partnership, outputs and outcomes for your project.
Impact and Exploitation workshop: You will draft the Expected Impact section and identify the best scenario for exploitation and IP strategy.
Dissemination and Communication workshop: Participants will define the relevant target groups and the most appropriate dissemination and communication tools, channels and strategies for disseminating and communicating the results of the project with a view to maximizing its impact.
Budget workshop: You will draft the budget for the project you are planning to submit.
Training course output:
- Develop a project together with experts for a specific call of your interest!
- Understand how to work out different strategies for Impact section description.
- Learn about IP strategies, business models, open access schemes and other exploitation issues.
- Tailor your communication and dissemination to your results and Impact to be achieved.
- Learn how to put together a sound project budget.
Prerequisite: This course is intended for those who know about the H2020 programme, its funding schemes and have already submitted at least one H2020 proposal as a partner or as a coordinator.
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 1
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 09:30 Event opening
09:30 – 11:00 Proposal Development under Horizon 2020 – A hands-on approach
• How to turn your novel idea into a winning concept
• Types of Actions (RIA, IA, CSA) and TRLs – positioning your proposal effectively
• Drafting the Part B of the proposal – From call analysis to submission
• Proposal writing section-by-section – Examples, tips and templates from section 1.1. until 5.2 of the Part B of the proposal with lessons learned from evaluations
• What can we learn and use from the draft Horizon Europe programme description?
(11:00 – 11:15 Coffee break)
11:15 – 12:30 Workshop: Proposal Development – Part 1: Concept and objectives
Participants are divided into small groups to practice the first steps of proposal development under Horizon 2020: Call analysis, project concept development, formulation of the project objectives and a preliminary work plan.
(12:30 – 13:15 Lunch break)
13:15 – 15:00 Workshop: Proposal Development – Part 2: Work Plan
Defining the work packages, developing a Gantt chart and a PERT diagram, identifying deliverables and milestones, establishing a complementary partnership.
End of the first day
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 2
09:00 – 10:00 Workshop: Proposal Development – Part 3: Expected Impact
• How the project will contribute to each of the expected impacts mentioned in the work programme topic
• Substantial impacts not mentioned in the work programme (RIA, IA)
• Barriers - how to differentiate between barriers and risks
(10:00 – 10:15 Coffee break)
10:15 – 12:00 Workshop: Proposal Development – Part 4: Dissemination, Communication, Exploitation
Participants will define the relevant target groups and the most appropriate dissemination and communication tools, channels and strategies for disseminating and communicating the results of the project with a view to maximizing its impact. A draft PEDR will be developed.
Participants will also identify the best scenario for exploitation and IP strategy:
• Exploitable results and the potential exploitation strategies – how to transform this into a “plan”
• Draft strategy for knowledge management and protection strategy
(12:00 – 12:45 Lunch break)
12:45 – 15:00 Workshop – Part 5: Budget; Finalising and submitting the proposal
Participants will identify the efforts and resources to be committed for the project, with a focus on dissemination and exploitation to define a sound budget. By introducing a real proposal together with the relevant evaluation summary report, the participants will have a better understanding of the evaluators’ perspective and get prepared to evaluate a real proposal.
End of the workshop