Horisont 2020 - Financial Rules and Reporting
1. oktober 2019 09.00 - 2. oktober 2019 15.30
Forskningsrådet, møterom Abel 1
- Passer for:
Forskere, prosjektledere, rådgivere
Ingen kursavgift, men vi tar et gebyr på kr. 1.000 for no-show.
24. september kl 15:00.
Dette "Finance-only" kurset er for de som er interesserte i å få det komplette bildet over Horizon 2020 Financial Rules, og hvordan tilrettelegge dette i regnskapssystemet, fra budsjettering gjennom intern økonomistyring til kostnadsrapportering til EU.
Kurset arrangeres i samarbeid med Europa Media.
The 2-day programme includes:
Introducing the Horizon 2020 financial rules from the very basics to the most advanced issues using a hands-on, real-life approach.
An advanced workshop on financial reporting, where participants are receiving a package consisting of timesheets, salary slips, invoices, contracts, per-diem certificates and mission reports for a virtual H2020 project. They will then have to calculate the eligible costs and submit a financial statement
Hands-on discussion on how financial issues shall be handled during reporting, including deviations, errors or other bottlenecks
Training course outputs:
Learn everything about the financial rules of H2020 - find out what is new, what has changed and how to get the most out of your budget.
Participate in Europa Media's well-known Financial Reporting workshop and prepare your financial statement (Form C)
Agenda Horisont 2020 - Financial Rules and Reporting
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 1
09:00 – 09:30 Event opening
09:30 – 11:00 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules of Horizon 2020 Part 1: The Basics
Detailed introduction to the financial rules of H2020 with real-life examples:
• Basic facts
• Importance of the budget and of the resources
• Cost vs Price principle
• Basic financial principles in theory and practice
• Form of Grants, Forms of Costs
• Eligible and non-eligible costs with comparison and all exceptions
• Direct and indirect costs
(11:00 – 11:15 Coffee break)
11:15 – 12:15 Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules of Horizon 2020 Part 2/1:
Introducing the cost categories
• Personnel costs calculations – showing the possible ways:
• Employees and other employment contracts
• Financial-year based vs monthly-based calculation
• Number of productive hours to consider
• Additional remuneration
• Bonuses, fringe-benefits and other complements
• Unit-based personnel costs calculation
• In-house consultants and seconded employees
• SME-owner rates
(12:15 – 13:00 Lunch)
13:00 – 14:30 The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules of Horizon 2020 Part 2/2:
• Subcontracting and other third parties
• Travel costs, Consumables vs. Overheads
• Equipment and assets
• Internally invoiced items
• Indirect costs calculation
(14:30 – 14:45 Coffee break)
14:45 – 15:30 The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Financial Rules of Horizon 2020 Part 3:
The Easy stuff
• Funding Rates
• Receipt calculations
• Guarantee Fund
• Certificates on Financial Statements, Certificate on Methodology, etc.
• Payments and Exchange rates
INDICATIVE AGENDA - DAY 2
09:00 – 12:00 Workshop: Financial Reporting – Part 2
Introduction - Participants will prepare a financial statement for a virtual Horizon 2020 project, based on “dummy” invoices, salary slips, receipts and bills, time records and certificates, which are generated individually for each participant.
(10:30 – 10:45 Coffee break)
(12:00 – 12:45 Lunch)
12:45 – 14:00 Understanding the Financial Reports
Pragmatic approaches in reporting; Point-by-point assessment of the prepared financial reports: Format, content; overall principles, possible bottlenecks, what should and should not be included.
(14:00 – 14:15 Coffee break)
14:15 – 15:30 How to deal with Financial issues in the Periodic Reports
Step-by-step guide on how to report costs, deal with deviations, and internal allocation issues. Handling the EC requests for clarification, suspension of payments and other issues with hands-on approach.