The Research Programme on Assigning Cultural Values (KULVER)
The Research Programme on Assigning Cultural Values (KULVER) is the Research Council of Norway's programme for cultural research for the period 2008 to 2012. The programme's budget is assumed to be NOK 90 million in total for the programme period 2008 - 2012.
The programme's overall objective is to enhance and further develop cultural research through basic studies on the theme of assigning cultural values with focus on aesthetisation/aesthetic practices.
The programme seeks to generate knowledge about how cultural phenomena are assigned value and how cultural value is changed, displaced, transferred and acquired. This will be achieved by:
- promoting basic research of high scientific merit, development of the research field, and scientific self-reflection;
- enhancing humanities-oriented cultural research;
- fostering internationalisation and multi- and interdisciplinary cooperation;
- encouraging the use of international perspectives;
- enhancing the social relevance of cultural research;
- promoting increased publication and dissemination of research findings.
More information can be found in the
PDF - 67 KB