Research Assistant and/or Research Scholar
IIASA’s Ecosystem Services and Management (ESM) Program is recruiting a Research Assistant and/or Research Scholar
Full details of the opening can be found here.
• Co-develop large-scale (continental, global) implementations of the EPIC crop growth simulation model in line with the ESM research agenda with specific attention to data assimilation, validation and improving input data;
• Conduct research relating to the ESM Program’s portfolio of projects (FP7 projects, institutional requests), and contribute to the dissemination of the model results in international assemblies and project meetings;
• Publish relevant results of own research in peer-reviewed journals and participate in scientific conferences and workshops;
• Participate in the internal life of the Program and the Institute (seminars, inter-program projects), respecting the interdisciplinary environment of IIASA.
• PhD degree in agronomy/environmental sciences with a strong background in quantitative methods and focus on agriculture or a master’s degree with min. five years of research experience in the same area;
• Proven experience with crop models applied over large scales (EPIC, DSSAT, APSIM, GLAM) is required;
• Proven experience with data assimilation techniques such as the ingestion of remotely sensed data into crop models;
• Proven analytical skills and ease in manipulating large data sets and complex modeling systems;
• Knowledge in geo-spatial analysis, geographical information systems and Web mapping;
• Strong interest in ESM topics, in particular agriculture, forestry, water, land-use, food security, soil science, energy and/or climate policy issues;
• Fluency in English.
- Sist oppdatert: