|The programme does not contain active announcements|
The primary objective of the Research Programme on Latin America is to enhance knowledge about Latin America in Norway by supporting high-quality research. This objective is to be achieved by improving the quality and viability of Norwegian research communities working on Latin American issues.
The secondary objectives of the programme are:
• To undertake research of high international quality.
• To ensure a wider scope and longer-term perspectives in research on Latin America.
• To enhance knowledge on issues relevant to Norwegian user groups.
• To contribute to the internationalisation of Norwegian research on Latin America.
• To ensure the communication of research findings and the development of meeting places and cooperation between researchers and users.
The programme is expected to provide an improved knowledge base for relations between Norwegian and Latin American actors, including political, cultural, commercial and industrial actors, NGOs and research communities.
Norwegian research institutions (university, university college, research institute or other institution at which research constitutes an important activity).
2008 - 2017
The programme is expected to have a total budget of NOK 180 mill for the whole period, with a budgetary framework of NOK 20 million for 2013.