HAVBRUK 2012: Norwegian aquaculture – sustainable growth
- Quality Airport Hotel Stavanger
- 16.04.2012 00:00 CET
- 18.04.2012 00:00 CET
- Add (ical)
The conference will feature plenary lectures as well as scientific sessions. The plenary lectures will focus on the challenges and opportunities inherent in the dilemma between continued growth vs. environmental considerations. During the parallel scientific sessions, various topics covering the entire breadth of the research field will be presented.
The conference is targeted towards the research community, the authorities, trade and industry, and organisations affiliated with the HAVBRUK programme. The HAVBRUK programme is organising the conference on behalf of the Research Council of Norway in collaboration with the annual Frisk Fisk (“Healthy fish”) conference, and the Fishery and Aquaculture Industry Research Fund (FHF).
The HAVBRUK programme invites researchers working on relevant projects to present recent results in an oral presentation or as posters.
Oral presentations may only be given for projects that will be concluded in 2011 or 2012. Researchers must present recent results and are encouraged to provide input on how these results can benefit the aquaculture industry and public authorities.
Researchers involved in newly-established projects are invited to submit a poster presentation. Prizes will be awarded for the best poster presentations.
Scientific presentations will be categorised under the following thematic areas:
- Sustainable seafood production
- Healthy fish
- Feeds of the future
- Other production species
- Environment-friendly aquaculture technology
- Genetics and selective breeding
Guidelines for oral presentations and posters
Presentations must be clear and well structured and widely accessible to all conference participants.
- Presentations should focus on project results, not methodology.
- Researchers should keep in mind that the audience will have a varying degree of knowledge of the individual fields.
- Presentations should be maximum 15 minutes, including time for questions and discussion.
- The conference language is Norwegian. Abstracts and presentations in English will only be accepted under special circumstances.
- Only one presentation per person.
- The poster text may be written in Norwegian or English.
- The poster format is 70 cm (width) x 100 cm (height).
Prepare an abstract
Write an abstract for each presentation or poster in Norwegian, using the relevant forms below. Please fill in all items.
Abstract submission deadline
Abstracts must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by at the latest 10 January 2012. Abstracts will be published in both printed and electronic versions for the conference. Please note: Submission of abstracts for oral presentations and posters does not serve as registration for the conference.
Conference registration deadline
15 February 2012. Register here.
The conference is free of charge, but participants are expected to cover their own expenses for travel, meals and accommodation.