Contributions to Global Health Research, Capacity Building and Governance
- Soria Moria Hotel and Conference Center, Oslo
- 12.09.2011 08:00 CET
- 13.09.2011 18:00 CET
- Add (ical)
The conference is aimed at enhancing our understanding of these important matters and will provide Norwegian and international researchers, health professionals and decision-makers with an arena for discussing key issues and suggest future policies. At the same time, the event celebrates the 125th anniversary of the Norwegian Medical Association.
We are happy to announce the participation of a number of excellent speakers:
- Nils Daulaire, Director Office of Global Health Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Francis Omaswa, Executive Director, African Centre for Global Health and Social Transformation
- Bjørn Guldvog, Deputy Director-General, Norwegian Directorate for Health
- Rune Nilsen, Director Centre for International Health, President Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research
- Franklyn Lisk, Professorial Research Fellow, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation, University of Warwick
- Dr Nahed Mikki, Institute of Community and Public Health, Birzeit University, Palestine
See further information about the programme at the official conference web page.
Registration and abstract deadlines
Participants: Researchers, health professionals, decision-makers, students and other stakeholders. The conference fee of NOK 750.- includes lunch both days, as well as the conference dinner on Monday 12 September.
Note: special student discount NOK 500.-
Deadline for registration: 24 August 2011. Please register via the conference web page.
The conference is organised by:
- The Norwegian Medical Association
- The Research Council of Norway, Program for Global Health and Vaccination Research (GLOBVAC)
- Norwegian Forum for Global Health Research
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad)
- Norwegian Directorate of Health
- University of Oslo